15 May 2011
The events that transpired during the game, the quick three goal lead, the second period with more defensive coverage and the PP goal, were just demonstrations of that. Not that Boucher scored the goals himself, but the way he prepared his team to execute his plan was.
- For the first 10 minutes of the 1st period, both teams looked evenly matched, with chances at both ends
- The Lightning took advantage of mistakes made by the Bruins or lazy plays in that 3 goal outburst
- Did the Bruins thought that the had play stopped before Brett Clark scored? They just let him dance around him like he actually had skill. Brett Clark
- And should Thomas had stopped that Clark goal?
- Every Lightning fan held their breath after Simon Gagne went down on that hit. Clean hit, but we've come to expect the worst, no?
- The Lightning had a 41-26 faceoff advantage
- Boston again went 4-0 on the powerplay
- When you aren't winning faceoffs, its tough to make the PP work
- Roloson made 31 saves last night
- Seguin made Mike Lundin look silly when he scored the Bruins' first goal
- Milan Lucic showed emotion at the wrong time there with that punch to Hedman
- Everyone is comparing this loss to the opening of the Montreal series. I get that if the Bruins drop Game 2 as well, but I don't expect that the Bruins will come out the same on Tuesday
There's all kinds of strategy involved. Sometimes we use it, sometimes we don't. We hate to be predictable.
Next game: Tuesday