19 March 2011
The Lightning are giving away a replica jersey to the first 5000 fans who show up in Lightning gear to tonight's game. If you aren't going already, that's a pretty awesome reason to go to tonight's game.
- Ryan Dixon of The Hockey News on Coach Boucher being a go-for-broke kind of coach
- Boucher wants to fix the Lightning's breakdowns, like their league-leading 13 shorthanded goals allowed (St. Petersburg Times)
- One of the ways he plans to do that is to have the team take shorter shifts (Tampa Tribune)
- Lightning Hockey Blog has some fun with numbers, a lot of numbers, to do with the Lightning
- It's looking up for the Lightning's attendance record with a 21.3 increase in actual average attendance in 31 games through February as compared to last season (St. Petersburg Times)
The rest of your links after the jump...
- Steven Stamkos and Simon Gagne talk about head shots in the game. "The league’s trying. … In my opinion, it comes down to us as players to respect our opponents. We have to be accountable for our actions," (Globe and Mail)
- Last year, since there was no playoffs, there was little to get excited about beside Stamkos possibly scoring 50 goals in the season. This year scoring 50 goals is not a top priority for Stamkos (National Post)
Links from around the NHL:
- Matt Cooke is suspended 10 games plus the 1st round of the playoffs (TSN)
- Matt Cooke says to reporter Rob Rossi "I realize and understand more so now than ever that I need to change. That was what I wanted my message to be." (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- Matt Cooke's suspension hearing top secret transcript according to Down Goes Brown
- The Philadelphia Flyers have some 'magic Slurpee-like athletic drink' that cools down the body while replenishing nutrients (Puck Daddy)
- Manny Malhotra of the Vancouver Canucks is done for the rest of the season because of his eye injury that occurred when he took a puck to the eye last week (The Province)
- The Capitals are resting Alex Ovechkin before the playoffs for the next 7-10 days (Globe and Mail)
- Gross Misconduct Q&A between writer Ian Walker and Jared Boll. Like most of us, he was a Saved by the Bell fan growing up.
- It's not just Joffrey Lupul who loses his iPhone, Sticks and Giggles looks at the things other NHL players have lost
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts: #23 is "Tweet of the week goes to Flyers captain Mike Richards (MRichie18) after Saturday's victory in Dallas: "Big win last night.....Hottest ice girls in the league too." Clearly, his priorities are backward."