03 February 2011
Enemy Blog: Head over to Rock the Red for your opposition blog coverage
Record: Lightning (32-15-5) Capitals (27-15-10)
Game time: 7:30pm EST on NHLN-US (HD), and SUN (HD)
Free Stuff: As per the @TBLightning twitter, the team will be giving away some free shirts with the new logo on it (easy there, probably not the polo but the t-shirt in the back maybe. It is after all FREE).
Update on the t-shirts: As per Erlendsson's twitter, tonight's game is supposed to sell-out. Each seat will have a free t-shirt on it for those in attendance.
This is the fifth of the six games we'll play against the Caps. The four have been split between the two teams with Washington winning the first two, and our boys winning the most recent two. The Lightning have won six is a row right now, the Caps on the other hand, are coming off of a shootout loss against Montreal. One of the guys from Rock the Red thinks he should be the next coach of the Caps. No word yet if he flew down with the team to Tampa.
The Caps might be without Alex Semin again, as his status is still uncertain, but he has taken part in two full practices with the team. He's been without a groin injury since early January and had just agreed to a one year contract extension with the Caps last week.
Mike Green tells CSN Washington, when asked if this is a "must win": "Yeah," defenceman Mike Green said. "Yeah, it is."
Roloson has gotten shutouts in his last two games against the Caps.
So big two points on the line here. Two divisional points.
- Mike Lundin is 50/50 on playing tonight (out with a groin/abdomen injury)
- Ryan Malone may be out
- Caps injuries: maybe Semin, Tom Poti, Eric Fehr
- Mike Smith cleared waivers yesterday and will be assigned to Norfolk
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- CSN Washington wants to know is this a must win for the Caps?
- Raw Charge's preview
- Raw Charge's question of the week: The message behind the jersey makeover
- Rock the Red's Ovie Flowchart
- MLive has an article about Adam Hall and his quiet impact he's had on the Lightning
- USA Today writes about Dwayne Roloson and his fitness training, with his strength trainer calling him the "Lou Gehrig of fitness training"