17 April 2011
I don't know who booked concerts to occur at the St. Pete Times Forum on Saturday and Sunday causing this three day break this weekend, but that was trash.
Here is some stuff to get your caught up from the weekend:
- With the extra time off this weekend, Roloson, Smith, Stamkos, Downie, Thompson and Purcell got invited by Justin Morneau to watch the Twins vs. Rays game. Some of the players wore a Twins hat and are getting some heat for it. My take: not a big deal since they're guests of Morneau
- Randy Jones has recovered from his injury and is good to play but Boucher says he plans to use the same lineup as Game 2, so he'll be a healthy scratch. Also, Brett Clark took a puck to the face in Friday's game but was ok at practice on Sunday (TBO.com)
- Eric Brewer has emerged as a force on the blue line for the Lightning and provided the spark the team needed on Friday. Boucher says he was surprised by the amount of leadership he brough to the team. Fun fact: he turned 32 on Sunday (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- The Pens spent their Sunday coming up with ways to beat the Lightning's neutral-zone trap. Interesting to read through the drills they did (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Pascal Dupuis says not to worry about Fleury as he always bounces back (Pitssburgh Post-Gazette)
- Lecavalier looks like he's coming back into old form which for the team is a very good thing (The Tampa Tribune)
- Did you know that Simon Gagne has had 32 career playoffs goals? He's had none this series, but he's still got time to shine (St. Petersburg Times)
- The Baby Bolts beat the Baby Pens in a playoff game this weekend (via Raw Charge)
- Assistant coach Wayne Fleming is an inspiration to the team (Montreal Gazette)
- Get To Our Game writes that Sidney Crosby's absence from these playoffs are an increditble loss for humanity. Maybe not humanity, but for hockey fans, I can agree with that (GTOG)
- The Toronto Sun had the headline "Stamkos fights for spot in Lightning lineup". F-ck off Toronto Sun. Clearly Stamkos is not going to be dropped from the lineup, but yes he is being shuffling around to spark his productivity while he adjusts to the NHL playoffs
- The Weather Network says that Tampa is going have a high of 86 F (30C) for Monday and Friday. Prepare for the ice to be crappy but if you are going to the game...it's jersey and shorts weather!