22 April 2011
Record: Lightning 1 Penguins 3
Previous games: Game 1: 3-0 Pens, Game 2: 5-1 Lightning, Game 3: 3-2 Pens, Game 4: 3-2 PensGame time: 12:00pm EST on CBC (HD), Versus (HD) SUN (HD) and on the radio at 620 WDAE
It's a possible elimination this morning. It's go big or literally go home.
But will the Lightning go down without a fight? Hell no.
Not a whole lot to say about this game. And I'm not even going to talk about benching Stamkos because that's absurd.
Words from a guy that's been in this position before:
"And we have nothing to lose now, we just have to go out there and play our game, go out there and try to win the next one and then after that try to force another one. We just have to go at it one game at a time." -Simon Gagne in the Tampa Tribune
- Lightning injuries: None
- Lightning scratches: Dana Tyrell
- Marc-Andre Bergeron is in for Dana Tyrell, Steve Downie is back in
- Penguin injuries: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Dustin Jeffrey
- Matt Cooke is still suspended
Your pre-game reading links:
- Official Lightning preview
- Raw Charge game preview
- The Pens expect the Lightning's best game on Saturday, because clearly they haven't been playing their best game recently (Lightning Strikes)
- The time for talking is over (TBO.com)
- The players say they just need to shoot the puck (St. Petersburg Times)
- The Pens' fourth line has been a key to the Pens' 3-1 series lead (USA Today)
- Arron Asham is making his presence felt on the fourth line (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)