13 April 2011
In the first and second period this game was all goaltending:
MAF had some great saves in the first
And Lecavalier tried to too fancy instead of just shooting the puck
And Roloson was there when the Lightning were handed penalty after penalty
Michalek gets his stick up in the mouth of St. Louis. He loses two teeth but there's no call.
So going into the third period, with the game so tight, it seemed like the next goal would win this game
And then there was the third period. Jesus what a train wreck.
Kubina hooks Kovalev. Kovalev, gets 'hurt' during the play and just kinda hangs around the net. Kubina completely leaves Kovalev behind like he's not big deal while Kovalev just sets up shop for an easy goal from a pass from James Neal
Pens are up 1-0.
So it's no big deal at this point, but then 18 seconds later, the Pens are cheering again
Because some former Flyer, and ridiculously ugly guy named Arron Asham scores to make it 2-0.
Who spells their name Arron with two r's? And did they not sell a white-out shirt to fit the fat guy on the right of that trio?
The Pens end the game 3-0 with an empty net goal from Chris Kunitz
- The Pens outshot the Lightning 40 to 32. Worst period was the 2nd where the Pens outshot the Lightning 18-7. The Lightning D need to cut down the shots on goal for the next game
- 78 hits in the game
- Even though Jordal Staal didn't score, besides MAF, he was one of the best Pens on the ice with 6 shots, 1 assist
- Kris Letang had 27:19 of ice time
- Did you see Stamkos? No? Neither did I
- St. Louis has a double root canal after the game. And he's expected to play on Friday
Guy Boucher face of the game: