29 April 2011
New series starts tonight. Forget the joy that you had from the three straight wins in Round 1, because the reset button gets hit tonight.
The Lightning and Caps seems like they may have started some sort of weak rivalry in the SE Division during the regular season, but it could turn into an actual legit rivalry after the end of this series.
Coming into this series the Lightning have a regular season record of 2-4-0 against Washington. So it looks like the Caps have the upper hand here just based on the record. But taking into consideration when the Lightning acquired Roloson, and their record after it (1 regulation win and 1 shootout win), it doesn't seem that bleak.
Everyone loves to write previews, so to get your started with some morning reading, check out these links:
- Puck Daddy's series preview
- TBO.com's series preview
- TSN's series preview
- Rock the Red looks at the regular season series between the teams
- The Washington Post on what is at stake for Washington in this series
- Sports Illustrated's series preview
- Boudreau won't say if the Caps have the edge since they have had a few days off (Toronto Sun)
- Roloson may the the oldest goaltender in the playoffs, but don't count him out of it just yet (National Post)
- Alexander Semin has had 7 goals in four games against the Lightning, which include two hat tricks, so to say Semin does well against the Lightning is putting it lightly (CBC Sports via National Post)
- And if you missed this last week, artist Aleksandr Reut made a painting called "We are the Champions" about the Capitals, Russian Machine Never Breaks has more on it