17 October 2010
Yesterday afternoon I came home to watch the Lightning vs Panthers game even though the sun was shining outside. To put it in perspective about my decision to come home in time for yesterday's game, last year I think I caught one out of the six games that the two teams played. So, because we were going into tonight unbeaten, and the Panthers have looked good on the road in Western Canada, I came home before puck drop to hopefully watch a good battle between the two teams.
This phot describes how the game looked. The defence was always behind and Dan Ellis is about to be scored on.
The Panthers looked as good as they did on their roadtrip, but the Lightning went into meltdown city. Dan Ellis was pulled and Mike Smith didn't fare that much better. Not going to bother to recap, only a few quick thoughts on the game.
- Dan Ellis - 3 goals on 15 shots
- Malone, Jones, Moore, Ritola, Lundin were all minus three
- An odd man rush for the Lightning until Kulikov gets between a pass and creates his own odd man rush with the Lightning caught up in the offensive zone
- Kubina was a minus two but should have been like a minus ten for that pass to Santorelli instead of clearing the puck which led to the Panthers' 3rd goal
- I quit watching midway through the 2nd period, did you last longer than I?