22 October 2010
We lost last night and now the Islanders are leading the Eastern Conference. The top three read like this: Islanders, Leafs, Lightning. This won't last.
This is the second of the six games we play against the Thrashers and the first trip up to Atlanta this year. Although we won our season opener against Atlanta 5 to 3, the effort was not there for the entirety of the game. And last night, admitted by Boucher in his post game presser, the Lightning did not show up in the first period. We need to do better tonight.
The Thrashers have returned from a four game roadtrip where they won two out of the four, their record currently is 3-3-0. Yesterday the Thrashers put Nigel Dawes on waivers in attempt to trim down their roster and send him and his minus-6 record down to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.
- Since Ellis played last night, I think it's safe to say that Mike Smith will most likely start tonight
- Chris Mason is expected to start for the Thrashers
- Simon Gagne is not playing tonight because he's sick and has a stiff neck from a 3rd period his taken during last night's game
Your pre-game reading links:
- After the grumbling of the fans at the arena last night, Cristodero asks: do you want a video review done quickly by the NHL or do we want it done right, or both?
- Official Lightning preview
Game time: 7:30pm EST on SUN (HD) and on the radio at 620 WDAE