16 March 2010
In a bit of a late appearance during the stretch drive, we host the Phoenix Coyotes in Tampa tonight. Before you try to remember what the Coyotes looks like, don't bother, with a new coach they've improved their game and now win games. They currently sit in 4th place in the West, tied with points with the Canucks who sit in third because they are top of the NW Division.
Under Coach Dave Tippett, and having an excellent goaltender in Ilya Bryzgalov, the Coyotes have become a tight checking team that is giving Tippett a good chance at winning the Jack Adams award. The Coyotes are currently on a five game win streak and look to add to that tonight. We have played the Coyotes earlier this season back on November 16th where we Lecavalier scored two goals in a 4-1 win with Smith in net.
Like last game against the Penguins, tonight is now a bigger must win game if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive. According to the Mirtle over at the Globe and Mail's playoff push the East needs 88 points to make it into the playoffs, meaning the Lightning need to go 10-4-0 for the rest of the season. So is this a must win tonight? Yeah definitely.
Don't know if Malone will play tonight as he is day-to-day, will update if he does.
- There is a tail-gate before the game starting at 5:00pm. It's all you can eat/drink St. Patrick's day themed tail-gate for $25 bucks, info can be found here
- Ryan Malone is out with an upper body injury, day-to-day
- Mattias Ohlund is out with a lower body injury
- David Hale is out with a lower body injury on injured reserve
- Zenon Konopka is out with back spasms