16 December 2010
With a two day break between games, Nate Thompson took today to blast Eric Boulton for a knee on knee hit during Wednesday's game.
"It was awful," Thompson said Thursday after watching a replay. "I mean, I'm by the guy. You can see on the replay he purposefully puts his knee out and barely misses with an elbow, too. I'm not really too surprised. Eric Boulton, not the best player in the world. He's got to compensate for sticking his knee out when I'm by him with 10 seconds left in the game."Love how he called Boulton "not the best player in the world". Thompson didn't practice with the team today taking a maintenance day with Coach Boucher says that his knee is hyper-extended, but Thompson said he's be good to go for Saturday's game.
- Steve Yzerman had an 'informational talk' with Evgeni Nabokov's agent the other day
- Boucher tells Smith and Ellis to "not read the papers" with all the Nabokov talk going on
- The Lightning reassigned Johan Harju to Nofolk
- Compared to last season, home attendance for Lightning games are up. See what winning will do for a team's attendance record in Tampa?
- Non Lightning, but because Ilya Bryzgalov came down with the flu after the team meal before the game, the Coyotes didn't have enough time to call up a backup goalie for Jason LaBarbera, so they signed an emergency goalied named Tom Fenton to a pro-contract who works in the community relations department at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y.