15 November 2009
- Niitymaki robbed Kopitar early in the 2nd period
- Drew Doughty opened up the scoring on a powerplay goal in the 3rd (the puck hit Meszaros' skate)
- Malone decides to take matters into his own hands and wrap the puck around the net on Quick
- The SUN guys call Malone's wrap around a patented shot...um...no, it's not. I do agree how they called him "Mr. Clutch"
- Meszaros finally does something and scores, the Lightning spill off of the bench to the ice to congratulate, but the refs waive it off because of goalie interference. The refs botch this call since Szczechura was pushed into Quick, but no review can be made on this type of call.
- I start thinking that maybe refs might have had some deal worked out with the Kings owners for the win? Would that be a quick trip to the Palms in Las Vegas after the game?
- Even with the bad call on the no goal, the Lightning have a chance to win in the shootout....dum dum dum....
- Kopitar beats Niitymaki 5 hole in the shootout, and Tanguay can't beat Quick as the final shooter (especially when he throws the puck at Quicks pads)
- Bolts lose