20 December 2009
My favorite midget gets another goal
Sorry for the late recap, as I said in an earlier post, I was at the Canucks/Capitals game last night thus Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin and others took priority over this game. But now that I've had some time to check out the game highlight video, here are some thoughts:
- Lecavalier had two assists which giving him 700 points for his career total
- Lecavalier has had 2 goals and 5 assists in the last 6 games
- The Lightning have snapped the six game losing streak, the last time they won before last night was on December 5th against the Islanders at home
- The Blues scored first on the PP at 10:04, St. Louis (the player) ties up the score only 33 seconds later at 10:37
- Stamkos opened up the 2nd period with a quick goal 36 seconds in, he would also get an empty net goal to notch his 20th goal of the season, which puts him at 4th place in all NHL goal scorers. Stamkos is now only 3 goals away from tying his 23 goals he got in the 2008/2009 season
- Halpern, who had oral surgery only 24 hours before to repair his mouth after getting a puck to the face, had 2 goals in the 3rd period
- Halpern's 1st goal in the 3rd period happened only 14 seconds after TJ Oshie's goal at 3:58
- Lecavalier's game sometimes reminds me of Jarome Iginla or Kevin Bieksa's game, where if the player gets angry, their play get so much better. Lecavalier's elbow to David Backes because of the Backes' hit on Vinny in the neutral zone gave the spark the team needed and him a little feistiness to his game.
Crombeen: "Just one little push..."